As a service provider we also undertake laying contracts for paving blocks & exterior tiles.
Desired conditions for laying of pavers :
- Set the floor level with wet sand for 50mm thickness and compact by using vibrating plate compacter.
- Keep the sand with moisture content. Do not use sand, which is 100% dry.
- Don’t spread the sand for longer areas, as it will dry out and reduce the performance. Use sand of 50mm spreaded property.
- Lay the interlocking paver in compacted sand floor and tap gently with a rubber mallet to get perfect joints.
- Spread river sand on the laid area to fill the joint gaps and run the vibrating plate compactor to get the perfect level.
- Construct retention wall all-around the laid areas to arrest the movement of paver blocks.
- It is recommended to provide the slope of 3 inches on the wider side and 2 inches on the linear side for every feet of the laying area.
Important instructions for laying floor tiles :
- Prepare base mortar with cement and sand in the ratio of 1:4.
- The total mortar thickness should not be more than 25 mm.
- Set the levels for the floor. ie.,, dead level or slop to be specified.
- Prepare cement slurry with cement and water to form a thick paste and spread it on the leveled mortar.
- Wet the rear side of the tile with water. (Complete immersion of tile is not necessary)
- If tiles are square or rectangular in shape, set the right angles for the area and place the first tile along the right angle line on base mortar. Tap gently with the rubber mallet to get perfect level.
- After laying, immediately clean the surface of the tiles with clean, wet sponge Ensure that the base mortar cement, which squeezes through joints, does not settle on the tile.
- Also make sure that the water used is not hard or brackish.
- Do not use the area laid for 48 Hours
- Fill the joints with pointing materials ie., mixture of white cement and desired color pigment. For higher quality of finishes, you could use, if required, a polymer based cementitious tiling joint filler.
- To get desired colour/shade, mix the same with water to form a smooth paste, which should be applied to the joints, preferably with the use of a rubber squeeze. Do not apply the pointing material all over the surface.
- Allow the pointing material to set for 15 minutes and clean the surface of the tile with clean wet sponge, in order to remove the excess pigment on the tile surface.
- Wash the surface with soap water or mild detergent to get a clean surface.